Needs An Indian Visa
Foreign Nationals need to have a valid Indian Visa along with a valid
passport of their country if they are planning to visit India for traveling,
business meetings, to attend a conference or for transit purpose. Citizens
of Nepal and Bhutan don't need a Visa to visit India. Citizens of Maldives
need to possess an Indian Visa only if they stay in India for more than 90
days. Non Resident India (NRIs)/Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) possessing
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card or (PIO) Card need not require an
Types of Visa and Validity
Visas are granted for specific purposes depending on the purpose of stay in
Requirements for an Indian Tourist Visa
- Foreign Nationals coming for traveling in India need a Tourist Visa,
which is applicable for six months. Documents related to the financial
standing and residential proofs are required for the same.
- A Transit Visa is for a shorter duration, maximum to 15 days, and
requires evidence to be shown of an onward travel to a place outside
- For Business purpose, one requires to possess a Business Visa, which
is valid upto a period of one year or more.
- A conference Visa is valid for the period of conference or seminar.
Proof of invitation of the company or institution organizing the
conference needs to be presented.
- A student Visa is required by those foreign nationals who want to
study in India and have got an admission in an Indian University. Proof
of admission form a recognized Indian University is required to be
attached with the Visa application form. The period of validity in this
case is the study period or 5 years, whichever is less.
To apply for an Indian tourist Visa, the applicant must possess a valid
passport with six months of validity remaining at the time of visa
application, the required Visa fee, a fully completed Visa application form,
valid green card or US Visa, copy of the onward return journey or confirmed
tour itinerary, ETS Order Form, residence proof (driving license/ utility
bill) and two passport size photographs.
Process of Procuring Indian Visa
Golden Triangle Holidays
Duration : 12 Nights / 13 DaysAttractions :-
Book Your Tour Now
Monuments in North India
Duration :14 Nights / 15 DaysAttractions :-
- Delhi Sightseeing - Jama Masjid, Red Fort,Chandni Chowk
- Trip to Hawa Mahal in Jaipur
- Wildlife Safari in Ranthambore National Park
- Tiger Safari at Bandhavgarh National Park
- Visit to Khajuraho Group of Temples
Book Your Tour Now
- Visit Laxmi Narayan Temple in Delhi
- Temple visit in Mathura
- Appreciating arhitecture of Taj Mahal in Agra
- Holy Dip at Varanasi (Ganga)
- Visit to the erotic temples of khajuraho
For obtaining an Indian Visa, one needs to first buy a Visa application
form from the Indian embassy available in one's native country. Separate
Visa forms are available for Bangladesh and Pakistan Nationals and also for
those NRIs who don't possess the Oversees Citizen of India (OCI) card. Visa
applications along with the required documents and fees, need to be
submitted at the High Commission of India office based in the native country
of the foreign national.
To download India Visa application form, click here: